We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Event Coordinator – Volunteer
- Oversee all aspects of event planning and management, including internal and external events, with experience planning exhibitions and large business-to-business events.
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues
- Creating event proposals which fit client requirements and presenting proposals by deadline
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, and guest list
- Delegating event planning tasks to other members where necessary
- Demonstrating to clients strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings and taking clients on tours of venue possibilities
- Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers
- Staying under budget while planning event specifications
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organising vendors
- Communicating with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event, and when necessary crafting marketing materials such as print and Internet advertisements for individual events
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events, including possessing a strong working knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities
- Planning multiple events at once
Job Skills and Requirements
- Communication: Event coordinators talk to clients, listening to their needs and presenting ideas and solutions to their requirements. They also work with suppliers, contractors, employees, wait staff and many other parties at the same time. Customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Calm Under Pressure: Many things can go wrong during an event, and something eventually will. Event coordinators need to remain calm during crisis and the high pressure of an event in progress.
- Computer Skills: Modern event planners rely on computers to communicate, plan, budget and organize their events.
- Negotiation Skills: Event coordinators will need negotiation skills to work out prices with clients and contractors.
- Organization: Many things happen all at once at meetings. Event coordinators need to stay focused and organized so that the event goes off without a hitch.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Inevitably, something will go wrong at an event. Being able to quickly solve the issue is required.
- Age: 25-30
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should please send their CV’s and attach your passport photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org