We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Tilte: Human Resources Officer
- In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State and surrounding North-Eastern states.
- NRC initially started activities in the areas of Food Security & Livelihood, Water and Sanitation (WaSH), Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Shelter/NFI sectors and subsequently Education.
- NRC is therefore seeking A Human Resources Officer in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
- The Human Resources Officer reports to the HR/Admin. Coordinator.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Ensure compliance with NRC HR policies and the local labor law in all procedures and processes
- Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, introductions, trainings, staff benefits etc. on field office level
- Ensure that staff records are up to date and filed appropriately
- Ensure reporting, documenting and payment of staff benefits, social security, taxes etc.
- Advice and support line managers and staff in HR processes
- Perform any other task assigned by the HR Coordinator
- Minimum 2 years’ experience from working with human resource management in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Relevant university degree or other educational background combined with relevant professional experience
- Previous experience from working in a complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing resources to optimize results
- High level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Fluency in one or more of the national/regional languages
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract period: 31st December, 2017 (With possibility of extension)
- Contract Type: Full time (Working Days – 5 days per week)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
- Duty station: Maiduguri, Borno State
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates can submit their “application letter, updated CV’s and a copy of valid means of national identification (Driver License, National Passport, Voters Card, National Identity Card) to: firstname.lastname@example.org The title of the position must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment
- Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.