We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring Assistant – G5
Ref No: 55165
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- These jobs are found primarily in WFP Field based Offices, and job holders typically report to Programme Policy Officer or Programme Associate. The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the office.
- At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities related to monitoring that require some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices.
- Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
- To coordinate and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the M&E Officer and in close collaboration with other programme and operation teams, the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Track the progress of data entries in the COMET Implementation Module for the following documents in COMET: Monthly Implementation Plan (Ben/cash/MT); Partnerships; Actual data entries (MT/Cash); and distribution reports.
- Liaise with area office, country office and RB teams to ensure that all sub office data is available in COMET and imported in SPRING accurately and consistently
- Respond to both system and business queries from sub office programme colleagues, on the use of COMET
- Provide guidance to sub office users on how to translate different implementation scenarios into the COMET Implementation Module system
- Follow up with system users on timely COMET entry as per the approved Standard Operating Procedure
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative review of data entry made by sub office users
- Ensure that all physical distribution points in Yobe are reflected properly in COMET
- Liaise with logistics to ensure coherent identification of distribution points between COMET and LESS
- Act as a focal point for the commodity reconciliation exercise between COMET and LESS
- Configure new COMET users or amend existing users as required
- Provide training to new COMET users
2.) Output reporting:
- Ensure coherence between the monthly operational plan and final distribution point as identified in COMET and LESS systems
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices with regards to beneficiary counting, output reporting tools and templates in order to support them to complete output reporting as required.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to receive daily output data as per agreed template
- Undertake monitoring missions to verify output data submitted by partners
- Review and collate output information provided through different systems and procedures: SCOPE systems, cooperating partners reporting formats, and mobile operators
- Assist in documenting the achievement of WFP’s outputs at the sub office level
4Ps Core Organizational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.
- Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.
- Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.
Data Analytics and Visualization:
- Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.
Programme Monitoring and Review:
- Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written English communication.
Other Specific Job Requirements:
- This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- Has experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
- Has experience utilizing WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
Terms and Conditions
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
12th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online