We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Graduate IT Trainee – Programmer
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- An important element of our HR Strategy is to support Sahara Group’s Strategy on sustainability by developing leadership and management capacity throughout the organization.
- To perform frequent, repeatable operational reporting, testing and technical maintenance activities in order to support the Business continues without interruption and negative impact on service delivery.
- The GITT Programmer employs creative imagination, modeling and information engineering to develop a system that satisfies both management and end-users in the most cost-effective and efficient way possible.. The IT analyst also debugs the system and ensures that it is error-free.
- Trainees will be appointed to a role and will be expected to deliver all the job expectations for that position. They will receive ‘on the job’ training and their performance monitoring will include the setting of performance objectives against which their performance will be monitored.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies• Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Possess a firm grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful API development and web security
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as Play, Spring and spark
- Knack for writing clean, readable code
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- University degree in a reputable University (Minimum Second Class Upper). Not limited to only Computer Science or related Science and Engineering degrees.
- 0-2 years post-NYSC ExperienceExperience building and integrating applications
- Experience with test-driven development
- Maximum age of 25 years by December 2017
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced,& dynamic environment.
- Candidate must be a strong communicator with ability to connect with people at all levels.Strong analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills,Knowledge of current technologies
- Candidate must be hardworking and one who thinks “out of the box”
- Candidate must be a self-starter and a team player with a proactive approach to work.
- Candidate must be ambitious with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Candidate should have poise & finesse.
- Candidate must be assertive.
- Board of Directors
- Managing Directors
- Group Human Resources
- Line Manager
- All staff
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online