Our more than 9,000 consultants and 2,000 knowledge professionals speak nearly 130 languages and work in 107 locations in more than 60 countries. They hail from all backgrounds including medicine, engineering, civil service, entrepreneurship, science, business, professional athletics, art, and linguistics.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring, Reporting and Learning Lead – Nigeria Infrastructure Programme
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in research or evaluation methods with evidence of the quality of research, monitoring or evaluation activities previously designed and conducted
- 7+ years of experience in similar work, funded by DFID or other large donor agencies, including experience managing a small team
- Practical experience in research or evaluation design, conduct, and management including analysis and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data
- Knowledge of and experience with the M&E approaches (Theory of Change, Log Frame, and evidence indicators) used by DFID
- Track record in managing multi-cultural teams and ability to work/mobilise resources from a distance
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate learning from M&E findings and implementation teams and other relevant stakeholders
- High level of interpersonal skills with a flexible and collaborative personal style and the ability to communicate with diverse groups
- Experience developing, supporting, monitoring and evaluating frameworks for grant mechanisms in support of public private partnerships
- Relevant experience in infrastructure, power, capital budgets or public-private partnerships (PPPs) would be an advantage
- Highly effective communication and high level of proficiency in written and spoken English; knowledge of local language(s) is a strong plus
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail and accuracy
Who You’ll Work With
You will work on our Nigeria Infrastructure Programme and will be based in Lagos:
- Building on the success of the two earlier phases, the programme will provide high quality embedded and short-term expertise to Nigerian government and regulatory counterparts to support improved delivery of infrastructure services.
- We will only contact eligible candidates for interview. No phone calls please. McKinsey is an equal opportunity employer.
What You’ll Do
You will use the project logframe and budget to make a detailed design of the Monitoring, Reporting and Learning (MRL) system with key indicators and milestones:
- You will oversee the use of the M&E management information systems to capture and report the outputs from M&E activities.
- You will develop data collection tools, conduct analysis of data (both qualitative and quantitative data) and contribute to report writing for M&E studies and formative assessments, and other programme reviews.
- You will contribute to the programme’s learning process to facilitate the documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that key information from the programme, and other relevant resource centres are captured and shared efficiently across partners and regional networks.
- You will outline the management information system, define reporting requirements for managers responsible for implementing activities/components and define formats for standard reports as per the requirements of DFID (e.g., quarterly and annual reports).
- You will also ensure that the MRL system is based on a learning orientation and is focused around the needs of the decision-makers to manage for impact.
- You will assess if MRL findings are being used to make decisions and increase project impact, and if necessary, identify what can be undertaken to ensure this happens.
- You will also assist in the project management unit in quarterly and annual reporting as well as external reviews (annual reviews, mid-term evaluation).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online