The Bahamas Scholarship Program aims to help them to achieve the best education and improve their skills.
The OAS General Secretariat (GS/OAS) is the central and permanent organ of the Organization of American States (OAS). Through its Department of Human Development, Education and Employment (DHDEE), the GS/OAS supports the OAS Member States in creating policies and executing programs that promote human capacity development at all educational levels.
Course Level: This scholarship is available to pursue certificates, undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the organisation.
Scholarship Award: This scholarship will cover the followings:
- A grant of USD $7,500 to the top ranked candidates from the Government of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas to help defray the program expenses.
- A one-time subsistence allowance of USD $1,000 to the top ranked candidates from the OAS to help defray the cost of living expenses.
- Various tuition waivers from participating partner institutions in the United States and Canada as listed in the Annexe I.
Number of scholarship: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA and Canada
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Provide Admission letter (s) or proof of enrollment:
- Students applying for admission to begin Fall 2017 may submit up to three (3) admission letters to three different participating partner institutions or
- Students who are currently enrolled in one of the participating partner institutions must submit proof of enrollment.
- Submit a complete scholarship application online with all required supporting documents
- Be a citizen of The Bahamas.
The following applicants are ineligible:
- Current OAS scholarship holders
- GS/OAS staff and their immediate relatives or GS/OAS consultants
- OAS Permanent officials and their immediate relatives.
Nationality: Bahamas citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students must be enrolled in one of the participating partner institutions.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online.
All documents must be in English or officially translated to English by a certified translator.
The recommendation letters provided for admission consideration to the University can be used for scholarship consideration. However, if you choose to provide new recommendation letters directly to the OAS, the letters should be addressed to the OAS Scholarship and Training Programs, Department of Human Development, Education and Employment.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.