Smart Partners Consulting – Our client, a leading Oil and Gas company, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Advisor (Oil & Gas)
- The Contracts Advisor supports or leads and advice on the implementation of project contracting. This may include strategy and planning work during early project development phases, contractor qualification, leading and managing commercial aspects of Pre-FEED / FEED / EPC contract development process, assisting in contractor evaluation, selection, and award recommendation, ensuring execution and administration of high quality prime contracts, and coordinating interfaces post-contract award for the project through contract close-out.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages process, produces deliverables, and updates tools to support development of project contracting strategy, contractor qualification, bid slates, tender, and evaluate proposals
- Develops detailed Contracting Plan(s) consistent with overall Contracting Strategy
- Develops ITT packages consistent with responsibility matrix
- Maintains database of all correspondence to ensure all questions and clarifications have been properly documented and issues agreed to are reflected in final proposals
- Leads or supports negotiations of any contested contractual terms and conditions
- Conforms all contract documents consistent with selected bidder’s proposal, subsequent clarifications and final negotiations
- Obtains final functional review/endorsement of contract documents, as required (e.g., Law, Audit, Controllers, etc.), as well as Contracting and Materials group endorsements, etc.
- Provides pricing / other commercial analysis to PT for development of contract award recommendation
- Assists PT in obtaining contract award endorsements/approvals from Sr. Management and other stakeholders
- Develops and maintains final contract files (all components), as required
- Develops and leads internal kick-off meeting(s) with Company personnel to ensure contract awareness, reviews contract terms and conditions, change order process, and claims avoidance
- Develops materials for external kick-off meetings with Company and Contractor personnel to review key parts of the contract (e.g. Principal Document, Coordination Procedure, change order process, etc.)
- Leads or supports Contract Administration, including working with project and business managers in aligning on contract administration responsibilities
- Reviews and comments on Contractor’s contracting and subcontracting plans, procedures, processes, and deliverables to ensure compliance with Company’s requirements
- Expedites and files Contractor commercial documents (e.g., insurance certificates, Parent Company Guarantees, LOCs, etc.), and files original Bank Guarantees/LOCs per agreed processes
- Reviews and updates project file system / procedures and Master Document Register
- Reviews, updates, and coordinates PT contractual correspondence procedures / communications, including any notices associated with the contract (PT Document Distribution matrix)
- Develops and monitors approval process and compliance with invoicing and payment process
- Coordinates change control process, including: amendments, change notices, change orders and other contract changes (e.g., MOC process, Change Order log, Deviation log.
- Oversees Contractor’s subcontracting activities, coordinate PT engagement in Company review / approval of individual subcontracting plans, and subcontract development activities from qualification through award / execution
- Advises project team of contract administration and subcontracting issues, and steps being taken to mitigate consequences
- Measures contractor performance and provides feedback through project and functional management
- Captures and communicates contract administration and subcontracting company’s learned for project
- Develops the Contract Close Out Plan (part of Project Close Out Plan
- Establishes a close-out agreement with Contractor (settlement of any outstanding items)
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years experience in Contracts Engineering / Administration preferred
- BS in Engineering preferred
- Broad understanding of project execution and contracting principles, theories, and concepts
- Experienced in commercial negotiations, contractor management and contract administration. Willing to business travel or relocate to project sites (domestic/ overseas)
- Owner/Operator experience in project management roles preferred
- This is a level 2 position: 10 to 20 years of related experience is required
- Position is Drilling Contracts Advisor. Position requires specific experience related drilling operation and or contracting.
- Personnel must have experience working in drilling function either directly on contracting or operations or drilling logistics.
- Cognate experience should include both drilling contracting, drilling logistic and drilling operation job experience.
Application Closing Date
24th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com