We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer – Food Security and Livelihood
Location: Yobe State
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Under the leadership of the Food Security Program Manager, the Food Security and Livelihoods Project Officer (FSLPO) is responsible for conducting and facilitating daily project activities in her/his geographic location, while maintaining relationships with local partner staff as well as vendors and beneficiaries.
- The FSLPO, in collaboration with the local partner, will lead and validate beneficiary selection, ensure compliance with e-voucher methodology, collect data as guided by the MEAL Manager and assist the local partners in reporting.
Specific Job Responsibilities
The FSLPO’s specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Supervise the process of beneficiary selection by the local partner
- Supervise the distribution of e-voucher to selected beneficiaries
- Supervise vendor selection process
- Supervise beneficiaries’ sensitization on dietary diversity and card utilization
- Monitor the monthly food distribution by vendors to ensure beneficiaries redeem their food items appropriately
- Use ICT to collect and transmit data to supervisor
- Prepare and submit to the Food Security Program Manager the liquidation documentation for vendor payment
- Ensure the post distribution household and market surveys are conducted in a timely manner
- Support local implementing partner to carry out monthly field activities
- Collaborate with the local partner to generate monthly program progress reports
- Contribute to the planning, organization and implementation of the final evaluation
- Provide program feedback, report and support of field logistics to project manager
- University degree in, Nutrition, Agriculture or any other relevant equivalent degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in project implementation preferably with an international humanitarian NGO
- Demonstrated experience in data collection
- Experience with or interest in learning ICT4E technology applications for emergency work
- Proven experience in conducting participatory activities for qualitative program monitoring
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
- Willingness to travel within Yobe and other parts of Nigeria 60% of the time
Application Closing Date
2nd May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The position title must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number FSLPO180417.
- Applications must reach us on or before COB Tuesday, May 2, 2017 and will be treated as they are received.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.