The project seeks to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Independent Partner Review and Beneficiary Feedback
Duration: Short term
- The SACE project works with 16 policy clusters (groups & organizations, anchored by a grantee) to support them to influence reform that improves transparency, accountability and good governance in Nigeria nationally, across some designated states and also in the Niger Delta.
- The SACE Project is in its third year and has recorded a number of documented success stories in its focus areas, Project successes are recorded through its existing mechanisms and tools – using Stories of Significant Change and measured through the STAR Index and validated through peer review processes through an Annual Learning Summit. In order to further authenticate these outcomes as well as gauge beneficiary perspectives through feedback, the project,seeks to independently validate these documented results by its partners and to use the opportunity to assess, using beneficiary feedback methodologies (FGDs, KIIs, etc.) to generate stories of perceptions & beneficiary stakeholders (Communities, CSOs, and key CON stakeholders – using the project’s existing taxonomies of ‘public, influencers, and decision makers’).
- The project thus seeks a consultant with the relevant skills set and expertise to conduct a verification of documented project success stories and solicit feedback from beneficiary in a very systematic way.
- This will enable the project validate its approach; reflect on and take on board any key feedback that is not covered through existing systems and methodology of approach.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- The consultant should have not less than 8 years professional experience in facilitating such participatory evaluation. Advanced university degree in social sciences, management; strong analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- Participatory evaluation requires the consultant to play the lead role of a facilitator, trainer, coach, collaborator and a reflective participant.
- An understanding of Gender and Social inclusion issues and programming.
- Strong M&E tools, vast experience and understanding of reporting frameworks with an ability to interpret indicators and gather data to respond to the requirements.
- Strong analytical, presentation, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English and report writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in conducting evaluations and verification of documented stories
- Willingness/Ability to travel as needed within the country.
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com (state position title in the subject box of the- mail).
- Applications should comprise a cover letter, a CV and a two-page capacity statement, addressing the key skills listed in CV.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. The project strongly encourages applications from women, people with disability and young people.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, no follow up e-mails please.