We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Grants Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries.
- The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
- IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. Since then, the IRC has expanded its scope and size of the programs as new areas became accessible after prolonged conflict and insecurity, in Adamawa and Borno States.
- The IRC’s response to the humanitarian situation includes integrated health and nutrition services, as well as reproductive health care and women protection services. In 2015 IRC Nigeria developed a five-year long term Strategy Action Plan. The plan has Health, Education and Economic Wellbeing as high priority program areas.
Areas of Reponsibilities
Grants & Compliance:
- With the support of the DDP, coordinate the development of quality proposals and reports (narrative and financial) with relevant teams. Act as the lead writer when necessary.
- Manage delivery of timely and quality outputs (proposals, quarterly, interim and/or final reports…etc) to donors.
- Liaise with HQ units (Region, AMU, technical units) to ensure proposals meet internal standards, apply IRC’s Outcome and Evidence Framework and are donor compliant.
- Lead the organization and follow-up of grant opening meetings, monthly grant review meetings, and grant close out meetings in collaboration with the DDP.
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as FM01, BvAs, and the OTIS to ensure accurate tracking of opportunities and grants reporting.
- Coordinate grant modification documents in coordination with relevant programs and finance teams;
- Support the partnering and/or of sub-granting process with local or international partners, including due diligence of potential partners and draft subaward agreement in line with IRC processes and donors’ and requirements.
- Provide training and mentoring to program, operations and M&E staff on priorities, compliance and lessons learnt necessary to ensure high quality implementation in line with donor contractual requirements.
- Ensure that grant and budget management meetings, Budget vs Actual (BVA) meetings are conducted;
- Provide technical guidance on IRC and donor regulations to ensure compliance within operations, program implementation and reporting. Raise compliance issues proactively with program staff and operations team;
- Provide capacity building support to local partner organizations, including report and proposal related mentoring and training.
- Keep the DDP informed of any projected inabilities to meet contractual obligations, report submission and burn rates/significant budget variances.
- Compile and respond to information requests from IRC’s regional, London and NY offices.
- Maintain hard and soft files on IRC Nigeria grant portfolio.
- Distribute and share with all IRC staff copies of all documentation (grant proposals, reports, budget etc) related to their specific programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline although Master’s degree is preferred.
- At least two years international work experience in relief or development programs, preferably in a post-conflict setting.
- Demonstrable experience in grants management, including: report writing, grant monitoring, compliance issues, and budget realignments.
- Demonstrable understanding of project planning and project cycle management.
- Demonstrable high-level performance management and team working skills, with experience in managing multiple donors.
- Ability to build good working relationships and work effectively with program, field staff and HQ from a distance.
- High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and high pressure situations.
- Professional fluency in spoken and written English; able to communicate concisely and with impact.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online