Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Officer
- To support the effective implementation of the health component of multi-sectoral project, particularly in management of childhood illness and CMAM in Maiduguri, Borno State.
- To build the capacity of the MoH’s staff in State and LGA levels on CMAM In-Patient care and outreaches.
- To strengthen links and coordination between different departments and authorities i.e. partners, LGAs, SMOH and Hospitals.
- To conduct regular monitoring and supervisions in the respective mobile clinic and outreaches in order to ensure the quality of the CMAM and IMNCI.
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing, Pharmacy/or Medical Doctor with Primary health care Major or Nursing degree with solid experience in Management of childhood illness and CMAM.
- 2 years experience in inpatient nutritional treatment essential, IMNCI and CMAM approach.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous experiences on CMAM programing.
- Previous experiences on In IMNCI.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong coaching/mentoring skills, able to train and build capacity in others.
- Experience in reporting; written English skills essential.
- Solid general management, teamwork spirit, community participation approach.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Able to network effectively with local representatives of international aid organizations for exchange of information.
- High level of self-discipline, time management, organization, self-motivated and able to work with little day to day supervisions but meet deadlines and program objectives.
- Transparency and adherence to medical codes of conduct and patient, confidentiality and child protection.
- Commitment to ACF values and principles.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in working in Northern Nigeria and well integrated into local community.
- Trained in adult education/learning and effective training techniques.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: email@example.com
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Applications received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or follow-ups will be entertained.
- Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.