Job Title: Application Monitoring Specialist
- The Monitoring Specialist is responsible for supporting IT operations teams with effective monitoring and event management solutions. Processes and solutions must meet the demanding nature of online gaming and distributed applications in a complex, cloud-based and virtualized environment.
- The monitoring specialist will be part of a transversal team charged with driving improvements to infrastructure, application and service monitoring within IT.
- Use monitoring tools to oversee multiple systems operating within a defined support operations area.
- Installing, configuring, tuning, maintaining and monitoring Windows 2003/2008 Enterprise server.
- Running daily maintenance checks, running QDB queries, upgrading agents to the current versions
- Work with clients to develop, implement and review customer relations service improvement programs to enhance delivery of service.
- Implement core business processes and assist in process improvement initiatives in order to enhance customer service.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate policies and procedures.
- Able to create charts, reports and system status using Analysis Center.
- Communications with TSA customer in a weekly staff meetings and management to ensure that service is delivered on time and within budget.
- Interact with subordinate supervisors, customers and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Leverage business, technical, and interpersonal skills to manage center operations, customers, and operations personnel.
- Coordinate and communicate with TSA management on weekly to leverage resources and discuss solutions to matters of significance.
- Provide continuing training and review and/or development of related policies and procedures.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience providing system monitoring and server support.
- Strong understanding NetIQ APP Manager, Analysis Center and App Manger Control Center.
- J2EE application support and Problem Solving Skills
- Knowledge of Database Design fundamentals and the use of data modelling tools
- OS – UNIX, Linux and Windows Server
- UNIX/Linux shell scripting, SAMBA and Windows batch files, MSI installers, Windows Registry Management
- Having experience with Amazon Web Service is a plus.
- Proficient in written & spoken English
- Understanding of server, hardware and configurations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients.
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal network.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate “Application Monitoring Specialist” as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.