Job Title: Database Administrator
- The DBA position will be responsible for maintaining the company’s database systems including back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation.
- Install, monitor, maintain and performance tune all Production, Test & Development databases including but not limited to Oracle and SQL server.
- Upgrade database management systems, including but not limited to Oracle and SQL server.
- Developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of Oracle databases and their accompanying software.
- Install and upgrade database applications by applying patches and upgrades on a regular schedule.
- Provides technical support to application development teams. This is usually in the form of a help desk. The DBA is usually the point of contact for Oracle Support.
- Install, configure and upgrade server and database application components including but not limited to the portal platform, messaging server, calendar server, web server, payment gateway, internet based forms and self-service applications.
- Create new database users as required.
- Develop, implement and maintain scripts for database backup and restore for all databases and test the procedures periodically.
- Regularly monitor and tune databases for optimal performance.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate problems and failures with databases and related server applications.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of reporting databases.
- Develop and modify technical documentation that describes installation and maintenance standards and procedures.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Respond to technical emergencies outside of normal working hours as needed.
- Keep up with changes in relational database management systems, database management practices, SQL programming, server operating systems and vendor supplied information systems for higher education.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the supervisor consistent with rank and position.
- Manage and support third party integration software to enhance processing of the ERP system
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; or an Associate’s Degree plus four years of significant experience with relational database technologies is required; or an Oracle Database Masters.
- Certification plus eight years of experience with relational database technologies is required.
- A minimum of four years of Oracle database administration and SQL programming experience is required.
- A minimum of four years of significant system administration experience in a UNIX or Linux environment is required; Solaris 10, Unix Shell Scripts, and PEARL scripting preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Forms, Oracle Internet Application
- Server, PLSQL; Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) is required.
- Demonstrated capacity for self-directed learning is required.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with colleagues is required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills are required.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and to work collaboratively within a team is required.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2017.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate “Database Administrator” as subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.