We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Manager
- Works with and through management, to ensure compliance with safety and environmental procedures and to assist in the achievement of profitability/productivity requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Advises safety director on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions. Plans and implements training for employees in work site safety practices.
- Maintains safety files and records
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Conducts post accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
- Assist, set up and conducts training.
- Assists in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
- Assist and maintain environmental reports including Storm water permits, SPCC etc
- Excellent Computer, communication and training skills
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; or three to five years minimum related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have acceptable current drivers license.
- Must be able to travel overnight at least 30-50% of the time.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- LSES Contractors offers competitive pay with benefits in a growth-oriented environment.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com