We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Infant And Young Child Feeding Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
- Directly implement the activities defined in the program in close collaboration with the IYCF officer
- Facilitate community mobilization, sensitization meetings and trainings during community led IYCF activities.
- Support the formation of Mother to Mother Support groups in the implementing communities.
- Work closely within community structures to follow up on implementation of Infant Young Child Feeding (IYCF) activities with support from the nutrition officer.
- Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about IYCF with support from MOH, community leaders and other key stakeholders at LGA level.
- Coordinate all activities very closely and in collaboration with MOH and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate good working relationship between ACF and target beneficiaries.
- Ensure timely submission of weekly reports, monthly reports and MUAC screening data & reports to nutrition officers for compilation.
- In collaboration with the nutrition officer and DPM develop success stories, lessons learnt and case studies.
- Minimum of a Diploma in a nutrition or community based programming or related field.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- 1 year relevant work experience
- Experience in the Nutrition and social approach – IYCF a plus
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Experience of emergency nutrition work and the design and implementation of feeding programmes (ideally both C-IYCF and IFC, CTC/CMAM), including IYCF monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment.
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF’s aims, values and principles.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages; Hausa, Kanuri required.
- Ability to work as part of a team, Facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and patience.
- Analytical and problem solving skills; Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience with nutrition and health programming
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanouri and English
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with ACF
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications by email to: email@example.com
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Applications received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or follow-ups will be entertained.
- Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.