Job Title: Expert, Technical Support (Level 2)
- The Expert, technical support (Level 2) is a higher-level person, in charge of taking more difficult cases or situations through elevations coming from Software Support Engineer Level 1.
- Expected as well to provide faster and more accurate support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take and resolve Technical Elevations coming from Level 1.
- Be the bridge of contact between Level 1 and Level 3 when needed.
- Take and resolve Premier Contract cases when requested.
- Mentor Level 1 engineers if needed or requested by the manager.
- Provide concrete and reliable information to the clients, in compliance with the respected procedures.
- Accept, prioritize, analyze and close all assigned to him/her client’s requests with the needed quality within the expected deadlines.
- Communicate with the client to collect all required additional information needed for the case resolution.
- Ensure complete and detailed track of each update related to the case handling, including all communication, by documenting all steps in the troubleshooting and resolution of the incident.
- Follow best practice ticket management processes, i.e. ensuring tickets owned are handled and updated timely and every effort is made to make service levels
- To use professional business language when communicating verbally or in written with the customers. Any usage of slang, argot, offensive or informal language is inappropriate and may lead to disciplinary sanctions
- Meet all personal targets and try to over achieve the metrics on a daily and monthly basis.
- Comply with and execute appropriately all specific tasks related to the position or ad hoc tasks
- Send all data and reports requested by his/her direct Manager.
- Collaborate with other team members to provide high quality support and quick resolution of the client’s requests.
- Present a positive, effective and flexible contribution to achieving team targets and objectives by sharing best practices.
- Protect confidential and sensitive (incl. protected) information and materials.
- Ensure constant self-development by using each moment and way to improve in the day to day work, following web based trainings, personal experience and any other available tools.
- Adhere to all internal and client’s Policies and Procedures.
- Proactively check for updates of procedures and give feedback to his/her direct Manager.
- In case of necessity, serve as a back-up of a colleague by taking additional cases and updating the status of the client’s requests.
- Attend Face to Face meetings with his/her direct Manager.
- Participate actively in team meetings.
- Seek for the continuous improvement of the provided service’s quality.
- Operate under close supervision of his direct Manager.
- Make a correct use of his/her office phones only for work related needs- contact with the client and/or communication with all parties involved in the case’s resolution.
- Be part of the Queue Monitoring when requested and ensure accomplishment of the service level agreements.
- Strictly follow his/her working schedule and be available on his workplace from the beginning till the end of his shift.
- Execute any additional task requested by the direct Manager.
- HND/BSc. in related fields.
- More technical experience and knowledge than a level 1 is required.
- At least 3 years of experience acting as a Level 1 Support Engineer is required
- Technical education at a high level is preferable.
- Previous experience on the software
- Previous customer service experience is needed
- Engineer certified on the product supported when needed.
- Customer orientated, motivated to take charge of both customer engagement and problem resolution.
- High customer service, telephone, oral and written skills.
- High written and oral knowledge of English and/or another language, depending on the profile
- Proficient knowledge of various hardware, software and Microsoft® operating systems.
- High Technical Skills/Knowledge (Databases, Diverse Operating Systems, Programming, Networking, etc) – Technical skills must be higher than L1 engineer.
- Analytical and Troubleshooting skills
- Self-management and self-control
- Team player
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the job title as the subject of the email e.g. “Expert Technical Support (Level 2)”
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.