We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Independent Final Evaluation of Action Against Hunger’s Intervention: ‘Protecting and Promoting the Food and Nutrition Security in Nigeria’
The project’s Principal Objective is:
- To address food security of vulnerable households, especially women and children, through an integrated cash transfer scheme and behavior change interventions to improve the nutrition security and address humanitarian crisis-affected populations in four Local Government Areas of Yobe State, Nigeria.
The Specific Objective is:
- To increase immediate food consumption for food-insecure households through cash transfers and humanitarian response; and
- To increase the adoption of optimal infant/young child feeding practices by caregivers.
Scope of the Evaluation
The General Objective of the Evaluation is:
- To assess the overall performance of the project and to determine if the intervention has reached its intended outputs and objectives.
The Specific Objectives of the Evaluation are:
- To assess different levels of the intervention (i.e. community level, district level, national level) and the links between these levels
- To examine the implementation of all activities over all selected target groups of beneficiaries.
- To identify and recommend potential exit strategies and, if relevant, provide key recommendations towards sustainability.
- The country office to be visited and Action Against Hunger project staff will help in organizing accommodation, arranging meetings and providing transportation.
- Relevant experiences in food security, emergency response, cash transfers, infant & young child feeding and behavior change communication.
- Post-graduate Degree in Nutrition/Public Health/Economics/Political Science or a mix of relevant study and work experience;
- Significant experience in coordination, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Good knowledge of the northern Nigerian context and understanding of donor requirements of USAID;
- Ability to manage the available time and resources and to work to tight deadlines;
- Independence from the parties involved;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Local languages are an advantage.
It Will Require the Following Deliverables:
- Inception Report outlining the evaluation methodology to be used by the evaluator and a final work plan;
- Stakeholder workshop: The evaluator shall facilitate a learning workshop in country to present the draft report and the findings of the evaluation to the project and key stakeholders; to gather feedback on the findings and build consensus on recommendations;
- Draft evaluation report with specific recommendations; lessons learnt and good practices;
- Final evaluation report (max. 30 pages) incl. executive summary.
- Gender equality issues shall be explicitly addressed throughout the evaluation activities of the consultant and all outputs including final reports or events need to be gender mainstreamed.
Evaluation Arrangements and Professional Requirements:
- An Independent Evaluator will conduct a final independent evaluation between 23.05.2017 – 30.06.2017.
- The assignment is for approximately 24 work-days during that period. The assignment will require travel to Nigeria.
- Selection of the Independent Evaluator will be done by the Evaluation Learning and Accountability Unit and will be based on the strength of the qualifications provided by potential candidates through their expressions of interest for the assignment.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit a complete Expression of Interest (including all 5 elements highlighted below) via e-mail to: email@example.com and indicate: “Project Evaluation – Nigeria B3C” in the e-mail’s subject line.
- An updated CV;
- A detailed presentation of their background and experience in cash transfers, food security, infant & young child feeding, and conflict zones, highlighting significant field experience in the evaluation of humanitarian / development projects relevant to this assignment;
- A statement of availability for the entire duration of the assignment;
- A daily consulting fee in US dollars;
- Two work samples.