We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Treasury, Sales & Marketing (Africa Funds)
Reference: PBF 3502
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- The nature and scope of the job is to support the funding process of the Bank whilst ensuring that risk is mitigated at all times by maintaining strong relationships with our investors, depositors and creditors from the African continent.
- The job holder shall provide investors with all necessary reports and information that they will need but also by seeking and being a strong support in any initiative taken to adopt new funding institution (Equity and Debt).
- The role, therefore, will require a highly talented professional with second to none treasury products sales and marketing skills.
- Liquidity Management Strategy, Planning, Analysis and Funding Execution
- Formulation of the Africa-focus Funding Mobilisation Strategy with the help of the Head of Treasury Services and designing a fit-for-purpose market and sales implementation roadmap;
- Champion the implementation of the Africa-focus Funding Mobilisation Marketing Plan with the help of the Head of Treasury Services;
- Champion Treasury’s initiatives to raise targeted local currency funding from the African Continent in line with Bank’s wider strategy of diversifying its funding base;
- Establishing Debt and Capital Market Programmes in targeted local markets in Africa where the Bank, as part of the wider strategy, targets to raise local currency funding;
- Realising wholesale deposits takings in line with the Bank’s guidelines;
- Treasury funding product formulation and sales/marketing
- Participates in client conference calls/meetings to assess client needs;
- Identifies product solutions for client needs, works with the origination function and other partners in various African countries to obtain product information, pricing, implementation contacts/process;
- Presents features/benefits of products to client jointly with the Head of Treasury Services;
- Build expertise and vital contacts in specific regions or economic blocks: North, West, East, South;
- Works jointly with the origination function to leverage on the existing continent-wide client base of the Bank;
- Responsible for knowledge sharing with the wider Treasury Services team and the Bank;
- Prepare and present International and/or Continental Presentations/Seminars to clients;
- Arrange client meetings on a continuous basis;
- Works with the Strategy & Innovation team to build out additional product offerings;
- Investor relationship management
- Establishing and nurturing bilateral relationships of all deposit related counterparties domiciled in the African Continent;
- Management of all relationships with African Central Banks, other deposit funding institutions and fixed income investors;
- Champion treasury roadshow arrangements with targeted African domiciled institutions;
- Ensure you project a smart, friendly, polite and professional image providing the highest standard of customer care to satisfactorily negotiate and retain deposits efficiently with targeted counterparties;
- With the help of the Head of Treasury Services Unit, be the ambassador of the African funding mobilisation exercises;
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, internal and external;
- Ability to handle difficult situations and arrive at win-win solutions;
- Any other tasks that may be assigned to you by the Head of Treasury Services and Senior Management from time to time.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The individual will be working in a fast-paced and demanding environment result measurement is key, dealing with Central Banks, Pension Funds, Insurance Companies, and large institutions including corporates in the African Continent. Role requires a strong and resilient character who is a results focused and a confident communicator with the ability to attract new deposit relationships, resolve issues effectively within a timely manner, all while delivering and driving exceptional levels of customer service within the Bank Deposit Guidelines. Skill-set required for this role, among others, include:
- Master’s Degree qualification in Marketing or MBA in a Finance/Marketing/Administration or related field;
- A Bachelor’s degree from a leading University or a professional qualification;
- Relevant experience of at least 8 years;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of relevant sales and marketing experience in the African environment;
- Ability to make decision in a fast moving environment like international capital market and to negotiate with counterparties.
- Good Excel skills and very strong financial modeling skills required;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Bi-lingual with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese); and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources from varied cultural backgrounds to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
- Tax-free salaries paid in USD
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to “Pandora Buchanan” via: email@example.com