We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Social Behavior Change and Communication ( SBCC) Advisor
Tracking Code: 8129
Position Type: Consulting
- PATH is seeking a Senior Behavior and Social Change Strategy Advisor (SBBC), based in Abuja, Nigeria to provide leadership in implementing a behavior change strategy and targeting key populations to increase condom usage as part of a Total Market Approach to condom programming in Nigeria for HIV prevention.
Specific Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Lead team of staff and partners to develop effective behavior change strategies and tools targeting key populations including branding and market segmentation strategies, social media campaigns, and training materials, counseling tools, job aids etc., to support demand creation for condoms.
- Oversee formative research on end users for the development of the targeted SBCC programming;
- Work with key stakeholders in country to develop a comprehensive demand generation strategy and related guidelines and tools that will facilitate the demand creation for condom use.
- Mobilize social and political support at all levels to create and sustain an enabling environment for the delivery of interventions;
- Conceptualize and implement a capacity building strategy aimed at increasing the effectiveness of implementing partners and CSOs to implement demand creation programming for condoms among key populations.
- Develop a monitoring and quality assurance plan for program implementation.
- Stay current with latest technical knowledge and programming experience in BCC and social marketing related to HIV, and incorporate latest research and programming into program and communications strategies.
- Master’s degree in health or social sciences or a related advanced degree, with at least 10-15 years of experience.
- At least two years of experience with USAID projects strongly preferred.
Required Skills :
- Substantial demonstrated experience in HIV prevention targeted to vulnerable populations
- Substantial experience in at least five of the following technical areas: HIV prevention targeted to priority populations; HIV prevention targeted to adolescents and youth; HTC; Positive Dignity, Health and Prevention; social and behavior change communications; community development; gender; GBV; quality improvement/ quality assurance; civil society capacity building; the use of epidemiology and data in program design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation; qualitative research; and policy and advocacy
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and assessing innovative approaches in demand generation programming for HIV prevention.
- At least five years demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a team
- Ability to travel 25% of time
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated skills in English at level IV or the equivalent.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Successful candidates will be engaged as consultants initially with the likelihood of converting to employee status contingent on successful project funding.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Nigeria to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements.
- Application materials must be submitted in English. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience.