Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer, Expense Control
Job ID: 22606
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Logistics and Supply Chain
- Group Operations: a range of essential and complex services to ensure processes across the bank work as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Improving the bank cost to income (CTI).
- Ensuring value for money and efficiency without comprising quality
- Conducting market research and price control.
- Market Research & Price Control
- Carry out price control and market survey
- Monitoring of actual expenditures to approved budget.
- Review and analysis contract/services in line with the pegged cost.
- Monitoring of market prices/cost of item for ease of comparison with contractor s’ price.
- Cost Containment initiatives
- Obtaining and review of prices or cost on constant basis to ensure the bank maximizes its expenditures
- Benchmarking cost reduction techniques with the industry.
- Ensure compliance of payments to approved budget/pledges
- Verify payments due to vendors in line with agreed price
- Achieve cost savings target set by Head, Expense Control
- Review of all extra-budgetary expenditures propose by the business units.
- Updating and Publishing Pricelist.
Key Perfomance Measures:
- Cost Optimization
- Improved in CTI
- Improved service delivery-Internal service survey
- Improved Turnaround time(TAT)
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc in a relevant degree (at least a 2.2)
- Associate Chartered Accountant(ICAN)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Procurement Unit.
- In-depth knowledge of cost drivers of the bank.
- Possess analytical skills
- Knowledge market research/Price control
- Effective negotiation skills
- Problem solving oriented
- Cost Reduction initiatives
- Assertive in all engagement.
- Proficiency in Excel and SAP
Application Closing Date
18th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online