Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Information Technology – SIPML
Job ID: 22629
Location: Lagos Island
Group Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
- To provide overall strategic guidance and direction for IT comprising of the following units ( Project management, E Business & Application support, Infrastructure, Testing, Security, Service support and IT Consulting)
- The alignment of IT investments with the strategic direction of the business to achieve business goals.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining an enabling and secure IT platforms for the smooth execution of business transaction for all staff and customers
Manage Project Management Team:
- The management of projects to ensure delivery on time, within budget and with the required quality.
- To plan, initiate, execute, control and close projects related to a relevant function
- To compile documents, schedule meetings, update project plans, coordinate feedback and organise project related records
- To create financial reports as well as execute financial entries to monitor project financial progress and performance.
Manage E-Business & Application Support:
- The specification and design of information systems, their components and architecture to meet defined business needs.
- The planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed standards, to ensure that new and amended systems, together with any interfaces, perform as specified.
- Knowledge and application of various design patterns to provide solution based alternatives to address software and system functionality challenges.
Manage IT Operation:
- To ensure provision of application maintenance and support services. Support typically takes the form of investigating and resolving problems and providing information about the systems. It may also include monitoring their performance.
- To manage the capability and functionality of hardware, software and network components to meet current and predicted needs in a cost-effective manner.
- To manage all changes to the components of a live infrastructure, from requests for change (RFC) through implementation and review, to support the continued availability, effectiveness and safety of the infrastructure.
IT Planning and Management:
- Monitoring for the emergence of anticipated benefits to optimize the business impact of individual and combined benefits.
- The identification of new and emerging hardware, software and communication technologies, products, methods and techniques and the assessment of their relevance and potential value to the organization.
- The promotion of emerging technology awareness among staff and business management.
- The management of, and provision of expert advice on, the selection, design, justification, implementation and operation of information security controls and management strategies to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability and relevant compliance of information systems.
Manage IT Infrastructure Team:
- To manage the Data center operations.
- The management of the inventory of IT assets (hardware, software, network and user knowledge) held within an organization.
- To manage IT networks.
Oversee Risk Management & Controls:
- The planning and implementation of organization-wide processes and procedures for the management of operational risk.
- Ensure proper functioning of day to day controls, periodic monitoring activities ( KRI, RCSA, Dashboard etc..) and timely resolution of risk issues
Oversee Regulatory, Audit & Compliance:
- Ensure overall process compliance with established policies and controls as well as regulatory guidelines.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with compliance, legal and risk management to enable effective governance
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines i.e. PENCOM, SEC, NAICOM, NSITF, NHF
- Ensure zero regulatory fines and consistent satisfactory audits
- Executive committee, Group IT Steering committee etc
- Regulatory authorities, Customer (Employers in the Wealth space), IT solution vendors
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree, Master’s or MBA in Computer Science or any of the numerate field of study eg Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Engineering
- Certifications in IT related fields eg Databases, Operating Systems, CISA, CISM, Prince 2
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience with at least 4 years spent in the Financial Sector and 4 years in top management position
- Information Services: 7-10 yrs experience in the coordination of relationships with and between key stakeholders, during the design, management and implementation of business change.
- Talent Mgmt: 3-4 yrs knowledge and practical skills in the identification of talented individuals, assessment of potential, creation of develop plans and developing retention and engagement activities for these individuals.
- Financial Mgmt: 3-4 yrs knowledge and understanding of costing, budgeting and finance concepts and the understanding and application of related processes and procedures.
- Vendor Mgmt: 3-4 yrs knowledge and application of tools and methods to monitor the effective delivery of suppliers and to gain maximum value from supplier services.
Technical Competencies (Advanced proficiency in the following):
- Strategy and Planning
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Quality Management
Application Closing Date
18th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online