IITA seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below:
Job Title: ICT Support Officer
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in installing and ensuring proper functioning of voice network (IP PBX);
- Assist in monitoring internet system operation to detect potential problems;
- Assist in installing, upgrading and maintain all LAN items, support LANs & WANs, network segments, internet and intranet systems;
- Assist in maintaining system efficiency and ensure design of system and allow all its components to work properly;
- Assist in configuring and install system and set up new users;
- Assist in setting up projectors, printers, photocopiers, digital cameras, etc for everyday office use and as necessary for meetings;
- Assist in troubleshooting technical problems with mobile subscription and IP phone;
- Ensure satellite phone are working and SIM cards are activated at all times;
- Ensure good asset management of ICT equipment’s at the offices and update asset register and inventory tracking system with the Logistics and Administrative Officers;
- Assist in setting up/configure new user E-mail;
- Assist in installing antivirus and maintain its upgrade with staff;
- Ensure availability of LAN for all offices, determine platform, interface and bandwidth needs;
- Assist in installing and troubleshooting all hardware problems following designs or installation specification and resolve IT issues for staff remotely and on Mac, Windows and Linux OS;
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff and record all asset movements and disposal of ICT equipment;
- Make recommendations for future upgrades of network systems, equipment/gadget;
- Assist in maintaining network management platform and ensure Lan security integrity and system security ensuring frequent software updates, antivirus update and patches;
- Administer servers, desktop and laptop computer, printer, routers, switches, firewall, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment;
- Assist in training staff on new software and application when necessary;
- Provide activity/progress report to Station Manager on all aspect of ICT operations;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- HND/BSc. in Computer Science or related field with at least Three (3) years relevant experience performing same role.
- Ideal Candidate must:
- Have ability to troubleshoot ICT equipment problems and repairs accordingly.
- Have considerable knowledge of networking
- Good knowledge of software installation and maintenance
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
8th February, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward their applications including a covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).