The overreaching aim of establishing the University of Newcastle was to transform the public higher education to improve quality and efficiency of teaching and learning, creating a world-class higher learning institution.
The University of Newcastle, informally known as Newcastle University, an Australian public university established in 1965, has its primary campus in Callaghan, a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in Advancing Occupational Health and Safety Management. This research aims to investigate Advanced OHS Management through one of the following areas: Accident causation, prevention and management; Organisation safety behaviour; Organisational safety culture; High-Reliability Theory or Resilience Engineering.
Scholarship Award: The value of this scholarship is $26,288 p.a. and is for three years for a PhD, with a possible six-month extension, or two years for an MPhil. Overseas student health cover and tuition fees will also be provided for the tenure of the scholarship if the successful candidate is an international applicant.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Honours class one; or a combination of qualifications, publications and research experience deemed Honours class one equivalent by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- The successful candidate will hold an undergraduate degree in one of the following: OHS, Health Sciences, Human Resources, Management, Psychology, Construction, Mining, or a related field with a strong interest in OHS. Candidates experienced in quantitative or mixed method research will be viewed favourably.
- This scholarship is available to International and Australian candidates.
Nationality: This scholarship is available to International and Australian candidates.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have honours class one; or a combination of qualifications, publications and research experience deemed Honours class one equivalent by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest (in the form of a single pdf attachment) by email to manikam.pillay-at-newcastle.edu.au.
Expressions of interest should include the following:
- A cover letter that includes a brief statement of the applicants suitability
- A CV including two academic referees and research output if applicable.
- An academic transcript
- A research proposal (four pages maximum)
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 5th November 2016.